UDC 614.841.3 • 📖 Issue 1(29)/2019 • 73-81 pages
Geohìm. tehnog. (2019) 1:73-81
Maglyovana T.V., Dolin V.V.
The scientific approach to creation of preventive means of fire fighting of forest combustible materials is substantiated by immobilization on the surface of a cationic polymeric surfactant of polyhexamethylene guanide, which simultaneously possesses the properties of quaternary ammonium salt and polyelectrolyte and relates to low-toxic substances of the IV class of danger. It is shown that the fixation of polyhexamethyleneguanidine salts on the surface of forest combustible materials is possible due to the chemical interaction (together with the physical) between the substance and the wood. It is shown that immobilization of salts of polyhexamethylene guanidine increases the thermal stability of cellulosic material. As a result of immobilization on the surface of forest combustible materials, a polymeric inhibitory layer is formed, which is confirmed by methods of thermal analysis and Fourier transformation infrared spectroscopy. The polymer film formed on the surface of the organs of wood in the conditions of a forest fire is heat-resistant at temperatures up to 3500С. At higher temperatures, the polymer film decomposes with the formation of nitrogen and phosphorus-containing compounds, which, entering into the reaction of the radical combustion mechanism, inhibit the active centers of the flame. Tests of fire protection efficiency of aqueous solutions of polyhexamethylene guanidine showed a decrease in the linear burning rate by almost 3-4 times compared with untreated samples of forest combustible materials. Fire extinguishing compositions have been developed which, after drying, on the surface of cellulosic materials form waterproof polymer films with high strength characteristics and prolonged biocidal effect due to the presence of guanidinium polyhexamethylene guanidine in the composition of the general polymer chain.For the first time, the use of developed fire protection compositions for laying prophylactic barriers in the most fire hazardous areas (periods) during localization of forest fires and for carrying out preventive measures for the protection of forest plantations from pests is proposed.
Keywords: forest combustible materials, polyhexamethylene guanidine, preventive protection, fire extinguishing.
- Patlay, I.M., Davydov, M.M., Landin, V.P. (1999), Fundamentals of forest radioecology, Kyiv, 251p.
- Smirnov, A.P. (2006), Forest pyrology, SPBGLTA, 60
- Ivanov, V.A. (2011), Handbook for quenching natural fires, Krasnoyarsk, 130
- Gutsev, N.D. (2016), Abstracts of the reports of the 5th International Scientific and Practical Conference, Petersburg, 161.
- Artsybashev, E.S. (1989) Forest fires and the fight against them, рр. 61-69.
- Artsybashev, Ye.S., Gurylev, S.M., Pirogova T.G. (1998), Fighting forest fires 60-68.
- Antonov, A.V., Borovykov, V.О., Orel, V.P., Zhartovskyy, V.M., Kovalyshyn, V.V. (2004), Extinguishing agents, Kyiv: Poszhintekhnika, 176р.
- Kovalishin, V.V., Vasiliev, O.E., Kozyar, N.M. (2007), Foam extinguishing, Lviv, Spolom, 168р.
- Demidov, V.A., Shandyba, P.P., Shcheglov, P.G. (1981) Combustion and properties of combustible substances, Moscow, 272
- Korolchenko, A. Ya. Combustion and explosion processes, Moscow, Pozhnauka, 266
- Hembitskyy, P.A. (1998), Polymer biocidal drug polyhexamethyleneguanidine, Zaporozhe, 44р.
- Bazarnova, N. G., Katrakov, I. B., Markin, V.I. (2004), Сhemical Journal., – № 1 (38). – pp. 108–115.
- Maglyovana, T.V., Nyzhnyk, Y.U., Zhartovsiy S. V. (2017), Environmental aspects of the use of guanidine polymers in emergency situations, Monograph, Cherkassy, 210
- Lisichkin, G.V., Fadeev, A.Yu, Serdan, A.A. (2003), Chemistry of Surface Grafted Compounds, Fyzmatlit, Moscow, 592
- Kuptsov, A.Kh., Zhizhin, G.N. (2001), Fourier spectra of Raman scattering and infrared absorption of polymers, Moscow, Fizmatlit, 656 p.
- Kaganyuk, D.S., Zhartovsky, V.M. (2006), Semi-empirical method for calculating a number of physicochemical parameters, Monograph, ― «Kiev University», 273р.