УДК 553.495:553.493.68: 553.493.65(477.63)• Issue 1 (29) / 2019 • 57-72 pages
V. Pokalyuk, V. Verkhovtsev, A. Mikhaylichenko, I. Mihalchenko, O. Zhyliak
The paper compares the Dibrovskoe uranium-thorium-rare-earth ore occurrence of the Ukrainian shield (northern Azov region) by a number of criteria (structural-tectonic, formational, stratigraphic, geochronological, lithological, mineral-petrographic, geochemical) with similar well-known objects of the Ukrainian shield (Nikolo-Kozelskoye deposit, Severo-Tersyan ore occurrence, etc.).The objects are concluded to be genetically similar. These deposits and ore manifestations are localized in the formation rocks of ancient metamorphosed conglomerates, gravelites and sandstones and belong to a single stratigraphic level – the base of the paleoproterozoic protoplatform cover. New mineralogical and geochemical data have been obtained confirming the initially sedimentary (alluvial) genesis of thorium-rare-earth concentrations of the Dibrovskoe ore occurrence. The genesis of uranium concentrations in the ores remains disputed – it is associated with the influence of both sedimentary syn-diagenetic and superimposed epigenetic, metamorphic, ultrametamorphic, metasomatic processes manifested in the ore occurrence, whose role in ore formation remains to be assessed. The main search criteria for the complex uranium-thorium-rare-earth mineralization of the Dibrovsky (Nikolo-Kozelsky) type were specified: the main local search criteria are the castle parts of the synclines and areas with an increased capacity of clastogenic pre-iron strains of the lower skelevatsky stratigraphic level. A favorable factor is the proximity of archean microcline monazite-containing granite massifs, which served as the area of weathering and the source of clastogenic material. A list of promising structures within the eastern part of the Ukrainian Shield has been outlined.
Key words: uranium, thorium, metallogeny, early Precambrian, Dibrovskoe ore occurrence, Ukrainian shield.
- Betekhtin, A. G. (1959), Geology of ore deposits, № 1. pp. 5-24.2.
- Vernadsky, V.I. (1934), Essays on geochemistry. 4th (2nd Russian), Moscow-Leningrad-Grozny-Novosibirsk: State Scientific and Technical Mining, Geological and Petroleum Publishing, 380 p.
- Wozniak, D.K., Kramar, O.O., Belsky, V.M. (2012), Zbіrnik naukovih prats, Institute of environmental geochemistry, Issue 20,IGNS, Kiev, UA, pp. 125-129.
- Golovenok, V.K. (1977), High-alumina formations Precambrian, Leningrad, 268 p.
- Grechishnikov, N.P. (1995), Uranium occurrences in ancient conglomerates / Genetic types and patterns of distribution of uranium deposits in Ukraine, Naukova dumka, Kiev, pp. 151-157.
- Petrenko, А.А., Shpilchak, V.O., Nekryach, A.I. (2004), State geological map of Ukraine scale 1: 200 000, sheet L-36-VI (Zaporizhzhya), L-37-I (Pologi). Central Ukrainian series. Explanatory note, State Committee of Natural Resources of Ukraine, “Yuzhukrgeologiya”, Kiev, UA.
- Semenenko, N.P. (1978), Iron-siliceous formations of the Ukrainian shield, Vol. 1, Naukova dumka, Kiev, 328 p.
- Zhukov, G.V. (1959), Geology of ferrous-siliceous formations of Ukraine, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, Kiev, pp. 557-662.
- Belevtsev, Ya.N. (1968), Patterns of formation and distribution of uranium deposits in Ukraine, Printing house of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Ukrainian SSR, Kiev, 763 p.
- Isakov, L.V., Bobrov, A.B., Paranko, I.S., Sukach, V.V., Shpylchak, V.A., Kichurchak, V.M., Kandala, Yu.S. (2010), Stratigraphy, geochronology and correlation of the Lower Precambrian rock foundation complexes of the East European Platform, UkrSGGI, Kiev, UA, pp. 85-87.
- Kalashnik, A.A., Kuzmin, A.V. (2012), Scientific papers of UkrNDMI of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, No. 10, Kiev, UA, pp. 173-185.
- Kichurchak, V.M., Nekryach, A.I., Ruzina, M.V. (2000), Regional Geological Surveys in Ukraine and the Issues of the State Geological Facility-200. Kiev, UA, pp. 161-163.
- Kichurchak, V.M., Boyko, A.Z., Berzenin, B.Z. (1991), Geol. journal. No. 4, Kiev, UA, pp. 101-107.
- Correlation Chronological Scheme of the Early Precambrian of the Ukrainian Shield (Scheme and Explanatory Note), (2004), UkrDGRI, Kyiv, UA, 30 p.
- Kotlyar, V.N. (1952), Reports of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, – Vol. LXXXIII, No. 2, pp. 281-282 .
- Kravchenko, G.L. (2000), Mineralogical Journal, Vol. 22, No. 4, Kiev, UA, pp. 93-102.
- Kramar, O.A., Kulibaba, V.N. (2008), Geochemistry and ecology, Issue.16, Kiev, UA, pp. 37-50.
- Kramar, O.A. (2009), Abstracts of the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Features of the development of the uranium mineral base of Ukraine, its mining and enrichment”, Kiev, UA, pp.70-75.
- Kramar, O.A. (2010), Strategic Mineral Resources of Ukraine for nuclear energy, Kiev, UA, pp. 232-267.
- Kramar, O.O., Voznyak, D.K., Nozhenko, O.V. (2014), Prospects for the development of the uranium raw material base of nuclear energy of Ukraine, Naukova dumka, Kiev, pp. 121-148.
- Kruglov, S.S., Arsiriy, Yu.O., Bobrov, O.B., Veklich, Yu.M., Velikanov, V.Ya. (2007), Tectonic map of Ukraine. Scale 1: 1 000 000, State Geol. Service of Ukraine, Kiev, UA.
- Lysenko, A.Yu., Zykov, E.A., Falkovich, A.L. (2009), Features of the development of uranium mineral resources of Ukraine, its mining and enrichment, Kiev, UA, pp.83-86.
- Mikhalchenko, І.І. (2018), Geology of ore fields and deposits of the Central Ukrainian uranium-bearing region: dissertation abstract for the degree of Doctor of Geological Sciences,– Kyiv, UA, 45 p.
- Negrutsa, V.Z. (1990), Precambrian formation of quartz conglomerates of the Baltic Shield, Academy of Sciences USSR, Apatity, 149 p.
- Nikolsky, A.P. (1953), New data on Precambrian Krivoy Rog / Works of the Laboratory of Precambrian Geology, Issue 2.
- Osmachko, L.S. (2016), Geophysical Journal, Vol. 38, No. 4, Kiev, UA, pp. 113-122.
- Polovinkina, Yu.I. (1959), Geology and mining. Collection of scientific papers NGRI, No.2, Metallurgizdat, Moscow, pp. 24-34.
- Pokalyuk, V.V. (2017), Lithogenesis in the early Precambrian of the Krivoy Rog iron ore basin. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 461 p.
- Semka, V.A., Ponomarenko, A.N., Bondarenko, S.N. (2009), Features of the development of uranium’s mineral resource base of Ukraine, its mining and enrichment, Kiev, UA, pp. 76-78.
- Semka, V.A., Ponomarenko, A.N., Bondarenko, S.N., Donskoy, N.A., Shumlyansky, L.V., Melnikova, E.E., Semka, L.V. (2010), Geochemistry and ore formation, No. 28, Kiev, UA, pp. 48-76.
- Sochava, A.V. (1979), Red colored Precambrian and Phanerozoic formations. Leningrad, USSR, 207 p.
- Shcherbak, N.P., Yesipchuk, K.E., Berzenin, B.Z. (1985), Stratigraphic sections of the Precambrian Ukrainian Shield, Naukova dumka, Kyiv, 168 p.
- Tarkhanov, A.V., Petrin, A.V., Kozyrkov, V.D., Orlova, L.A., Ignatov, V.B., Preobrazhensky, A.N. (1990), Special Issues of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Geology and Mining Scientific and Technical Collection. Issue 2, pp. 3-11.
- Zeisler, V.M. (2002), Formational analysis. RUDN, Moscow, Russia, 186 p.
- Scherbak, N.P., Polovko, N.I., Levkovskaya, N.Yu. (1969), Geol. Journal, Vol. 29, No. 3, Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, pp. 23-32.
- Yudovich, Ya. E., Ketris, M.P., Rybina, N. V. (2018), Geochemistry of titanium. IG Komi Scientific Center, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Syktyvkar, 432 p.
- Yudovich, Ya.E., Ketris, M.P. (2000), Basics of lithochemistry. Nauka, S.Petersburg, Russia, 479 p.
- Mihalchenko, I.I., Shumlyansky, L.V., Soesoo, A. (2016), Problems of Theoretical and Applied Mineralogy, Geology, and Metalogenyc of Mining Regions: Materials of the Xth International Scientific-practical conference, Publishing Center of Kryvyi Rih University, Kryvyi Rih, UA, pp. 34-38.