УДК 504.03 + 620.9 • Issue 3 (31) / 2020 • 100-111 pages
Shkapenko V.V., Buzhuk L.O., Zoludenko O.O., Litvinenko U.V., Fomina T.V., Vashchenko N.M., Zelak O.D.
According to the results of four-year monitoring studies of the Southern Buh River above and below the Alexander Reservoir, the threshold values have been substantiated for 19 hydrochemical indices of water quality. They will be a basis for further detailed monitoring in line with the implementation of the EU Water Framework Directive. The Groundwater Directive (2016) particularly emphasises on identifying and correcting sustainable trends in pollution. Another item that is covered is detection and correction. The general recommendation is to use 75% of quarters from the analyzed contents (or from approved standards) as the threshold for deterioration of water quality, obviously, considering the peculiarities of the distribution of values, this is the default standard in the world. This recommended threshold may be adapted to the local circumstances, justifying different percentages. The methodological approach to setting thresholds and reference values is to consider in detail the parameters of the parameter distributions and to determine the threshold values for the part of the Southern Buh that is directly influenced by the waters of the Tashlyk hydroelectric power station and the Alexander reservoir. These data will become the basis for clarifying the classification of waters according to EU recommendations. Our research demonstrated low informativeness of mean values of the indicators and the necessity to take into account the distribution of values to determine the threshold concentrations. The found ranges of the reference values can be used in studies of the validity of certain classifications of the surface water purity. Significant contamination of the studied area of the Southern Buh River with nitrates and phosphates was confirmed. The insignificant effect of the Tashlyk hydroelectric power station on the total dissolved solids content in the Southern Buh River water and the ability of the Alexander reservoir to self-purify have been demonstrated.
Key words: EU Water Framework Directive, hydrochemical parameters, thresholds, reference values, water monitoring, water body.
- EU Water Framework Derective 200060EC. (2006), Kyiv. 240 p.
- A.I. Tomiltseva, A.V. Yatsik, V.B. Mokin and others. (2017), Institute for Environmental Management and Balanced Environmental Management, 200 p.
- On Approving the Procedure for the Development of River Basin Management Plans; available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/336-2017-%D0%BF
- On Approving the List of Pollutants for the identification of the Chemical Condition of Surface and Groundwater Bodies, available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/ru/z0235-17
- Proposed system of surface water quality standards for Moldova (2007), Environmental Action Programme (EAP) Technical report, available at: http://www.oecd.org /eap.htm.
- Goncharuk V.V., Chernyavska A.P., Zhukinsky V.M. (2005) Dumanskiy Institute of Colloidal Chemistry and Water Chemistry, NASU, Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 324 p.
- Groundwater Protection in Europe: The new groundwater directive – consolidating the EU regulatory framework. Published: 2009-03-23. Corporate author(s): Directorate-General for Environment (European Commission).
- Afanasyev S., Peters A., Stashuk V., Yaroshevich O. (2014), The management plan for the rich pool of the Pivdenny Bug: analysis and come in. Kyiv: Type of TOV “NVP” Interservis “, 188 p.
- Afanasyev S.O., Vasilchuk T.O.,. Letitska O.M, O.P. Bilous. (2012), Kyiv: NVP “Interservis”,28 p.
- Kofanov B.I., Fireman M.S., (2008)? Ekologiya dovkilla and non-life insurance, No. 4. Pp. 15 – 23.
- Lisichenko G.V., Serebryakov V.V. (2010), Kiev: “Salutis”. 236 p.
- V.G. Verkhovtsev, M.A. Bouguer, V.P. Bulgakov(2017) Kyiv: Science. Dumka. 200 p.
- Gumen Yu., Lisichenko G., Zholudenko O..(2017) Environmental Impact Assessment EIA, 254 p.
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater (2007). 1200 р.
- Helsel D.R. and Hirsch R.M. (2002). USGS. 510 p.
- Borges Garcia C.A., Silva I.S., Silva M.C. (2018), available at: https://www.intechopen.com/books/advances-in-environmental-monitoring-and-assessment/evaluation-of-water-quality-indices-use-evolution-and-future-perspectives.
- DSTU 7525: 2014. (2014), Kyiv. Minekrozvitku Ukraine, 25 p.
- DSanPin. Drinking Water. (1997), Kyiv. MOZ of Ukraine, 30 p.
- DSTU 4808:2007. (2007), Kyiv: State Consumer Standard of Ukraine, 36 p.