УДК 553.495 (477) • Issue 2 (30) / 2019 • 18-25 pages
Tyshchenko Yu. E.
The article is devoted to the optimization of the procedure of processing and interpretation of the information obtained during the radiological measurements of environmental components. Analytical processing of the data arrays is accompanied by their spatial mapping using computer mapping tools. The effectiveness of such presentation depends on the reliability of the choice of criteria for which the spatial fields of allocation of measured indicators are built. The article proposes approaches to the spatial mapping of the results of specific radioecological monitoring studies, which are performed annually by the Institute of Environmental Geochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. On the example of processing of the actual data obtained during field works on the Novokostiantynivka uranium deposit area, a method of ranking the series of measured indicators is presented, which takes into account the apparatus error when taking instrumental measurements. The information processing method is illustrated by the results of constructing spatial distribution maps of the measured data of the radon flow density from soil obtained during the recent field work. The fields of distribution of “background” and abnormally high measured indicators are mapped. The latter coincide in space with the uranium deposit location. Also, their presence in the places of occurrence of geological fault structures and probable zones of decomposition of the sedimentary layer is traced. The results of the spatial mapping are compared with similar results the actual data mapping of the preceding year of research and results of mapping of another indicator of radiological measurements – the equivalent gamma radiation dose rate in the environment.
The obtained results show that the described method can be used for reliable detection of abnormal pollution zones in the investigated area and their spatial mapping. The mapping of abnormal zones can be used in assessing the radioecological situation in radiation-polluted areas, in particular – uranium deposits, as well as the indirect search criterion for remote research. Also the article presents a brief geological description of the Novokostiantynivske uranium deposit, its geological map, plan and sections.
Key words: uranium, deposit, radon, radiation, distribution fields, mapping.
- Perspektyvy rozvytku uranovoji syrovynnoji bazy jadernoji energetyky Ukrajiny / Vidp. Red. Verkhovtzev V.G. and Lysychenko G.V. (2014), Nauk. Dumka, Kyiv, UA, 355 p.
- Perspektyvy rozvytku torijevoji syrovynnoji bazy jadernoji energetyky Ukrajiny / Vidp. Red. Verkhovtzev V.G. and Jaroshchuk M.A. (2016), Nauk. Dumka, Kyiv, UA, 269 p.
- Bielivtzev, J.N. (1979) Metamorfogennoie rudoobrazovanije. Nedra, Moskva. 275 p.
- Bielivtzev J.N., Bakarjiev A.Ch., Koval’ V.B. (1992) Uranovyje miestorojdenija Ukrainy, Geol. Zhurn, N 5, pp. 28 – 44
- Geneticheskije tipy i zakonomernosti razmieshchenija uranovyh miestorozhdienij Ukrainy / Otv. Red. Bielivtzev, J.N., Koval’, V.B. (1995), Nauk. Dumka, Kyiv, UA, 397 p.
- Komplexna otsinka ta geologo-ekonomichne obgruntuvannia perspektyv osvojennia exogennych rodovyshch uranu osadovogo chohla Ukrajins`kogo shchyta. UDK 550.4:574.3. Verchovtsev ta in. (2016). Kyiv, UA, 133 p.
- Cuney M., Shcherbak M.P., Emetz A.V., Petrychenko K.V., Sinelu S. (2008) Petrological and Geochronological Peculiarities of Novoukrainka Massif Rocks and Age Problem of Uranium Mineralization of the Kirovograd Megablock of the Ukrainian Shield // Min. Zhurn. 30, № 2. 5-16.
- Stepaniuk L.M., Andrijenko O.M., Dovbush T.I., Bondarenko V.K. (2005) Vik formuvannia pored Novoukrajins’kogo masyvu. Min. Zhurn. 27, № 1. 44-50.
- Verkhovtsev V.G. (2005), Prykladnye (poyskovye y ynzhenerno-heolohycheskye) aspekty izuchenyya platformennykh geostruktur Ukrainy, Ekologiya dovkillya ta bezpeka zhyttyediyalnosti № 3, RU, pp. 80-92.